Excellent temporary opportunity with a great organization. Downtown and free parking!
The Business Office Temp role is to support the Business Office in maintaining the business transactions of the College. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, accounts receivable management, analysis of financial aid processing, general ledger account reconciliation, preparation of multiple campus reports, assist with athletic accounts payable management, and purchase order processing.
- Ensuring high customer service standards are maintained when dealing with students and associates.
- Accounts Receivable, including receiving and reconciling cash receipts for WNY campuses, reconciling WNY sponsored billing program; assisting in notifying and following up with students who have signed promissory notes
- Analysis student accounts for accuracy, ensuring student site codes are accurate each month, process withdraws and submit student’s accounts to collections.
- Ensure accuracy of WNY campuses payment plans & balance forgiveness agreements in accordance to College guidelines.
- Monitor student refund reports and audit for accuracy. Assist with refund processing when needed.
- Develop a working knowledge of all student financial aid programs administered by the Financial aid Office.
- Process and track Athletic purchase order requisitions and expense reports to ensure compliance with BSC policies & procedures.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation including revenue and student aid general ledger accounts.
- Other functions and responsibilities as assigned
Competencies, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree with an Accounting Major is required.
- Experience in computer applications, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook. Experience in Oracle and Banner a definite plus.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse student and staff population.
- Personal transportation required.
Monday thru Thursday 8am to 6pm (one hour unpaid lunch) total 36 hours, evening hours may be required in the future.