Job Summary: The Billing Supervisor is responsible for supervising the finance billing staff, and assisting them in billing functions to obtain revenue, payment, and account receivable follow-up. Assist with day-to-day billing office operations, account and aging reconciliation.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide direct supervision to finance billing staff; and assist with oversight of their job functions. Mentor, develop and build an effective finance billing team managing work allocation, training, and problem resolution.
- Assist the billing staff with specific outstanding accounts that are unresolved and need additional assistance. Contact with insurance payers and other funding sources is essential.
- Ensure the timely and accurate, entering and submitting of billing information and revenue recognition.
- Ensure that billing staff is addressing denials and pursue collections in a timely manner.
- Prepare aging reconciliations. Monitor and pursue collections of delinquent accounts.
- Ensure billing complies with all regulations.
- Liaise with billing outsourcing vendor
- In coordination with IT Business Process Analyst, manage billing software set up and address work tickets.
- Maintain and update billing and A/R policies and procedures.
- Comply with all federal and state regulations and agency policies pertaining to HIPAA and false claims.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned by Director.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer skills, including Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of billing software programs; ECR, Therap, CLAIMS and EagleSoft preferred.
- Knowledge of billing regulations and processes.
- Ability to analyze, detect, and resolve billing issues and reconcile accounts.
- Leadership skills: Creates a vision or goal for one`s work unit and communicates it in a way that motivates others to implement it. Understands and leverages the organization`s structure and relationships and pursues organization support and resources
- Attention to detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Teamwork ability: Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job
- Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Communication: Oral and written
- Time management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Integrity, respect, confidentiality: Instills mutual trust and confidence, creates a culture that fosters high standards of ethics, behaves in a fair and ethical manner toward others
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree or similar degree in healthcare industry preferred. Combination of Experience and Education will be considered.
Minimum Experience Required: 5 years medical and institutional billing and accounts receivable. Knowledge of APG and rate code billing. 2-3 years of supervisory experience, billing experience preferred
Required License/Registration/ Certification: CPC or CMBS preferred.