A perishable food broker in Western New York looking to add dynamic individuals to our team. Our client partners with businesses in different segments of the food industry to provide unique solutions to our customers’ needs. The manufacturing partners we represent include leading national and regional food manufacturers. Our customers include retail grocery and food service outlets.
Their culture embodies the family atmosphere of a small, locally owned company while offering the training, and professional development to accelerate career growth. All full-time employees enjoy competitive comprehensive benefits. Friendly and professional office environment paired with a consistent schedule.
This is an in office position located in Williamsville.
Direct hire, 35-40K with benefits.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities
The Accounting & Operations Specialist will directly support the Controller by executing general accounting duties. Daily responsibilities include recording financial transactions, reconciling accounting information, and working with customers and vendors to complete accounts receivable, and accounts payable responsibilities.
Attention to detail and proactive posture are critical to monitoring and tracking a high volume of daily transactions across business units.
- Experience in accounting (A/R, A/P, bookkeeping) (preferred)
- Experience in business - customer service, and (or) food/grocery industries (preferred)
- Experience with ERP or TMS systems (preferred)
- Sound understanding of accounting concepts
- Proficient with accounting/general ledger software (QuickBooks, Sage, Peachtree, MS Dynamics, etc.)