Summary: Responsible for providing accounting services for the corporation and maintaining its financial records in compliance with all federal, state, local and professional requirements by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and performs various journal entries to maintain the corporation's account books.
- Develops and maintains accounting systems and procedures for the corporation by maintaining books of accounts, cash figures and related matters.
- Provides necessary training for using accounting systems and procedures to related staff.
- Enters appropriate data into computer system on a daily basis to include accounts receivable, deposits, vendors and necessary maintenance items.
- Reconciles the bank accounts and job cost on a monthly basis.
- Prints and reviews aging report on a weekly basis.
- Maintains the corporation's accounting files as needed.
- Responsible for billing and submitting required documentation on all jobs.
- Prepares and analyzes all financial reports as required to comply with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Maintains all general ledger accounts on a regular basis.
- Compiles and finalizes midyear and yearend reports in a timely manner.
- Applies knowledge of accounting principles on a regular basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prepares and files annual, monthly or quarterly sales tax for CT, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA and WV.
- Prepare and file yearend 1099s, 1096, etc. and yearly state reports for CT, OH and unclaimed funds for NYS.
Bachelor’s Degree in related filed required. Prior accounting experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Report Preparation
- Bank Reconciliation
- Sales Tax Reporting
- Written Communication Skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Alpha/Numeric Keyboard Skill
Directly supervise Accounts Payable to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employee; planning assigning and directing work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.