AP Professionals of WNY
- JOB SUMMARY
The Benefits/Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited processing payroll and managing benefits; gathering information and processing new hires, terminations, other department needs.
- PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll in PRISMHR for 900+ employees/students
- Assist with Timecard updates and processing.
- Manage 403b plan
- Manage and maintain employee benefits in Maxwell portal, open enrollment, new hires, terminations, life events, monthly benefit audits and work with benefit vendors
- Maintains I-9 documentation and recordkeeping for all employees
- Name change/Address changes
- Data entry of new hires, changes, and termination
- Manage tracking workers compensation/disability/PFL/FMLA and Life Insurance
- Stay current with changing federal and state payroll laws and update law posters.
- Manage audits and run reports and analysis as needed
- Complete verifications of employment
- Managing completing unemployment claims
- Maintain and update job postings online and with other various websites.
- Manage the I9 process immigration paperwork for employees on VISA and complete TN letters when needed.
- Mange our mailbox and respond to inquiries.
- Updating excel spreadsheets in TEAMS
- Assists with assigning and monitoring employee training programs.
- Oversees the Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Submit payments for various bills
- Distributes and sorts of incoming mail to HR/Payroll department
- Responsible for communicating company information (i.e. SharePoint, bulletin boards, etc.)
III. OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Assists with various research projects and/or special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Experience with online payroll software.
- Experience with online benefit software.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Must be very organized with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; has a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated experience/maturity to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- A positive, service-oriented attitude, with excellent follow through on issues.
- High energy, engaging and collaborative; works very well in supporting others
- Provides quality and friendly HR and payroll customer service to employees
- JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in payroll and benefits
- PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mental/Visual Demand and Physical Effort
- For normal office environment must be able to lift 25 lbs from floor level.
- Must be able to lift and manuever normal size full file box for archival purposes.
- Must be able to occasional bend, twist, and stoop.
- Frequent typing of computer keyboard.