Salary to $70K
The IT System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the computer systems of the Company. Server management is a primary responsibility, and the System Administrator would be responsible for installing, maintaining and upgrading servers. They are also responsible for ensuring the servers are backed up, and that the server data is secure from unauthorized access. System Administrator will also often perform light programming (usually scripting, which involves writing programs to automate tasks). This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PCs, servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Monitor and maintain the use of the Company’s phone system, security system, photocopiers and printers.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures for all server backups.
- Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Make recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement.
- Organize and maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Create and maintain good technical documentation. Perform on-site and remote technical support.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.