Job Type: Full Time
Work Location: On-Site
Primary responsibility of this position is to serve as the primary point of contact for the Sales team for estimating opportunities for the Architectural and Parking sectors. This includes reviewing and analyzing contract plans and specifications, materials, engineering time, shop labor, subcontract scope, and shipping and handling in order to prepare accurate estimates. This position will work closely with various internal functions, including Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Procurement, and Production.
These skills and experiences will make you a good fit for this role:
- Associates degree in Engineering or Construction discipline; Bachelor’s degree in a similar field is preferred.
- Three (3) or more years’ related experience is required; experience in the commercial construction industry preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel. Previous experience using SAP to create estimates and quotations is preferred.
- A thorough understanding of contract documents, with ability to independently act and respond to commercial and technical inquiries.
- Ability to assess commercial risk, demonstrate understanding of design and specification criteria, and develop voluntary alternates as requested or discovered.
- Strong technical aptitude in order to provide technical support and product recommendations in support of sector growth opportunities and initiatives.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, including active listening skills with internal and external customers; ability to collaborate with various departments to coordinate estimates.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and objectives simultaneously; provide accurate information and deliverables on time.
- Demonstrate initiative, take ownership of the process, and drive continual improvement.
- Possess the legal right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.