AP Professionals of WNY
The Design Engineer will create and revise Solid Works 3D models, bills of material (BOM), 2D drawings, and various documentation for new and existing product lines. This requires working closely with internal departments and external vendors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure models and drawings are dimensionally accurate based on the material specifications and verify the fit-up of all related parts
- Utilize and maintain SolidWorks PDM vault for change control management
- Create engineering change requests (ECR), engineering change notifications (ECN), revise BOM, work instructions, and other design documentation as required
- Support sales, application engineering, assembly, supply chain, and customer or field service to determine the root cause and corrective actions for component/product issues
- New product development team member responsible for the design for manufacturing (DFM), customer, and service (DFS)
- Provide 3D and cutaway renderings of products for marketing literature, training, and instructional documentation
- Work with suppliers and outside engineering consultants to resolve technical and supply issues, improve system features, capabilities, cost, and quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned