We are a world-class manufacturer and marketer of innovative green – recycled solutions for parking lot safety, commercial construction, traffic control, industrial, plant safety, road construction and surface protection products.
The Cost Accountant / Staff Accountant will be a key member of the accounting department ensuring that all financial records are kept in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Cost Accountant / Staff Accountant will be expected to support the CFO and have the ability to manage the accounting process in their absence. The Cost Accountant / Staff Accountant should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Process, maintain and reconcile all revenue payments.
- Process lockbox, renewal payments and new business payments.
- Identify payment issues, research, investigate and resolve. Communicate corrective action to the CFO.
- Assist in A/R functions, such as invoicing customers and recording deposits in ERP system.
- Act as liaison to the bank for enquiries in the absence of the CFO.
- Complete the bank reconciliation accurately and on-time according to a prescribed deadline.
- Alert the CFO to variances and issues that may arise.
- Monthly review of P & L and Balance Sheet to ensure expenses and sales are being allocated to the proper accounts, working closely with companies CPA.
- Provide monthly financial reporting to the bank and CPA’s.
- File quarterly sales and use tax returns.
- Work with our external accountant/company CPA to ensure books are for tax returns.
- Prepare all monthly financial reports.
- Prepare yearly budgets.
- Order all office supplies and expedite any purchasing as directed by the CFO.
- Maintain item lists and master data in ERP system.
- Assist in inventory management and production planning
- Administer Grant contracts with New York State Empire State Development
- The position reports to the President.
- The position requires an above-average competency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills are critical performance requirements.
- Strong cost accounting skills
- Experience in manufacturing is necessary
- Working familiarity with NetSuite is beneficial.
- The position requires the ability to troubleshoot and the skill of working through the details of a problem in order to reach a solution.
- Problem-solving includes, but is not limited to, mathematical or systematic operations.
- Critical thinking is a key requirement of the position.
- A high degree of confidentiality and business ethics is required as well as an ability to communicate concisely, clearly and professionally both in writing and verbally.
- Basic understanding of GAAP.
- The position requires above-average organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration.
- A CPA and or a CMA is preferred
- 3 or more years of experience working in an Accounting position with a focus on the Accounts Payable process and Financial Analysis.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are a equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lockport, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location