The Receptionist is responsible for ensuring clients and guests are warmly greeted, managing incoming
calls and directing them to the appropriate channels, and performing basic administrative duties. This
position is also responsible for providing administrative support services, records retention and
management, and interacting with clients and customers on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking
messages, or scheduling appointments.
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail
systems, and personal computers.
• Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort
them to specific destinations.
• Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
• Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information,
or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other
• File and maintain records.
• Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees
within the organization, or services provided.
• Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
• Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or as becomes evident.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT AND RECEPTIONIST
10/14/21 Page 2 of 2
The above job description is not a contractual or binding document; it is provided as a guide to the types of duties required to be
undertaken. Duties may vary from time to time and this description is subject to review. Modifications will be made as needed to
support changes in the business climate and requirements.
• Associates degree or equivalent required.
• 1-3 years experience.
• Types 40 WPM.
• Must have good mathematical and analytical skills.
• Strong multi-tasking, time management and organization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills.
• Strong judgment and decision making abilities.
• Able to handle fast-paced, start-up environment with confident results in short time frames.
• Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, manipulating, and moving goods,
materials, and equipment.
• This position is in an office environment, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
• The ability to quickly move your hands, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to
grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and
analyzing data and figures; transcribing; and viewing a computer terminal.
Customer Service Excellence:
They are committed to a culture of providing the best Customer Service experience to its clients. As
an employee, your interaction with customers is crucial to maintaining the highest customer service
standards. In being part of the family, excellent customer service entails:
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This
includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of
• Possessing tact, adaptability, confidence (without arrogance), and a high degree of customer
service and professionalism.
• Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes greeting customers and
warmly receiving customers and guests.
• Actively looking for ways to help customers, coworkers and guests.
• Effective communication through giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time
to understand the points being made, and asking questions.