AP Professionals has partnered with a publicly traded company in Rochester NY, searching for a rising star to join their corporate tax department. Open due to growth, this role will report to the Tax Director and be expected to be hands-on with preparation of multi-state sales and income taxes as well as quarterly and annual provision work. This dynamic environment can provide continued learning, including but not limited to: tax accounting for acquisitions, tax provisions, income and sales tax audits, e-commerce for state nexus, remediation of FASB pronouncements for lease accounting. This role will be considered for future promotions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee federal, state, and local income and franchise tax returns, sales and use taxes, personal property taxes, and other miscellaneous taxes
- Review transactions for possible tax exposure and/or tax savings opportunities
- Keep abreast of changes in tax laws and implement tax planning strategies where appropriate
- Responsible for audits of federal, state, local income, franchise, and sales and use tax
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes
- Liaison with accounting staff on tax accounting issues and other technical matters related to the company’s tax liabilities
- Assist in other corporate reporting and analysis deadlines and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 1-5 years of public accounting experience and/or 1-5 years’ experience with Corporate Taxation required.
- CPA or master’s degree in Business Taxation preferred