AP Professionals has partnered with a growing company located at the south side of Rochester, NY. Our client is searching for a dynamic individual to join their established team. Hard working, high potential employees will be highly considered.
The Senior Financial Analyst will assist in managing the fiscal responsibility for the plant operations. This position will be in the facility working with the operational team. This position is an addition to increase analytical bench strength, collaborating with operations to increase analytics.
Capacity – increase awareness and understanding of procurement process, analysis of inventory and costs of production
Output – review and analysis of purchase price variances, understand patterns of inventory stocking levels, materials management, commodity yield analysis, process improvement for scrap and yields.
Duties, Responsibilities, Preferred Experience and Education:
- Proactively partners with other functions to both improve financial understanding of the business and drive improvements in the business
- Develops and implements improved analytical models to support all areas of operations (supply chain, manufacturing, inventory)
- Drive identification and implementation of cost reduction opportunities and elimination of non-value added work
- Assist in the creation of clear, accurate, concise, and efficient financial reporting including forecasts, monthly closing, and business intelligence, with a focus on delivering value added and insightful feedback to leadership
- Understands forecast variances and can support with detailed explanations
- Adapt to shifting priorities and competing demands as business conditions change and new initiatives are set forth
- For assigned projects; prepares detail of work plan and schedule, completes detailed analysis and research, identifies options, prepares reports for management, and recommends action or change
- Assists in the development of business policies and performance measures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with related professional experience (3 - 8 years). Master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Oracle