AP Professionals has partnered with a growing company located at the south side of Rochester, NY. Our client is searching for a dynamic individual to join their established team. Hard working, high potential employees will be highly considered.
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide analytical leadership and strategic direction to senior management through bid and tailored solutions pricing strategies.
Bids – collaborate with internal and external sales departments, prepare pricing analysis to enhance the bid process and suggest/implement bid discount strategies, present recommendations to Finance leadership.
Special Pricing – create pricing structure for specialized products, create list pricing for new/original products, work with sales team to understand product request, build specialized pricing analysis, collaborate with design team, and manage expected and actual margins. Work with pricing specialist to enhance and create pricing tools.
This position will be responsible for collaborating closely with senior management to enhance analytical understanding, drive profit improvement, and provide strategic direction.
Duties, Responsibilities, Preferred Experience and Education:
- Develop discounting strategy for bids dependent on a multitude of variables
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and leading the implementation of strategic initiatives focused on ensuring financial objectives
- Identifying trends within tailored products and pricing accordingly
- Focus on strategic thinking and long term visioning with the ability to execute simultaneously on daily operations
- Track historical bid data, by market, customer, size, product, etc. to determine trends and adapt pricing/discounting to those trends
- Utilize credible financial data to influence leadership and build strong business partnerships
- Identify opportunities and persuade leadership to structure customer contracts to promote incremental profitability
- Support generation of quarterly and annual budget process by channel. Collaborate with senior leadership to establish clear supporting action plans
- Initiate and execute innovative, value-added analysis to drive improved business unit profitability decision-making and strategy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of profitability drivers including market position, pricing, production costs, and customer dynamics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with related professional experience (3 - 7 years). Master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Oracle and Salesforce.com