Leading global manufacturer in Rochester, NY is seeking a senior manager of finance to lead and support the finance function in its most dynamic plant. This position provides strategic leadership to ensure the successful performance of the plant operations. The senior manager is also a part of the cross-functional management council which is involved in all aspects of the plant’s operations. The financial management and control over the inventory process is a critical function to ensuring this plant’s continued profitability.
- Provide on-site financial control to all aspects of the plant manufacturing operations.
- Lead the creation of the plant budget and quarterly forecasts and report & analyze variances.
- Own the production of the financial models in support of the long range strategic plan including developing appropriate cost accounting procedures to correctly monitor the performance of the business.
- Lead the monthly preparation and review of departmental expenses and report on variances from plan.
- Support development of cost per unit for multiple products, platforms and business units; provide advice on cost and effectiveness of strategic initiatives through cost modeling.
- Proactively seek out, identify and implement profit improvement opportunities, with a focus on cost drivers, for all elements of cost (direct labor, direct material, overhead).
- Monitor, control and analyze the capital investments required by the plant.
- Ensure proper inventory process flows and controls to properly capture and classify transactions in compliance with GAAP and SOX, including driving continuous improvement and implementing new regulations.
- Ensure proactive identification and escalation of potential issues to finance and plant management teams.
- Develop and implement process improvements to enable more efficient and accurate processing and reporting of results to tight deadlines.
- Provide continuing finance education and capability development for members of the business units.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Master’s degree preferred
- 8 to 10 years’ of operational manufacturing experience with a minimum of 5 years' supervisory experience