Well established managed services company is seeking a senior accounting analyst. This person is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. This is a very hands-on role with significant exposure to customer leaders and will require excellent judgment and communication skills. This position reports to the president.
- Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions for business operations. Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted accounting policies and procedures.
- Manages daily auditing, accounts receivable and accounts payable processes. Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Preparation of work papers supporting the monthly reporting package and month-end balances.
- Reviews accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations performed. Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Responsible for the tabulation, monitoring and distribution of payroll costs to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Compiles and analyzes information for financial statement preparation, including monthly and annual accounts. Prepares other financial management reports and ensures all financial reporting deadlines are met. Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Develops annual operating budget, ongoing management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Monitor and support of taxation issues.
- Prepares support and documentation for ongoing financial audits and coordination of the audit process.
- Develops and maintains financial data-bases.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provides strategic recommendations and maintains solutions to business and financial problems
- Responsible for the development and supervision of tasks and work flow for the Accounting Coordinator and Accounting Assistant.
- Responsible for a working knowledge of roles and responsibilities of the Purchasing/HR Coordinator in order to fill in as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting is desirable
- 5+ years experience managing the accounting process
- Experience in both the private and public accounting sectors preferred but not required
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles, economic principles, auditing practices and principles, and experience of related computer applications.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy, planning and organizing, problem analysis, good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate supervisory skills as well as stress tolerance