- Responsible for complex accounting activities related to the maintenance of an accurate general ledger in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Responsibilities include accounting, reporting, reconciliation, and analysis that drive best practices, standardization, and support internal controls for the following functions:
- Support all Accounting functions related to the Wealth Management line of business.
- Act as Wealth Management liaison and lead monthly financial review ensuring a solid rapport, open communication, and gaining insight into changing regulations and operations that impact the accounting function.
- Complete all Accounting functions related to both the internally and externally management investment portfolios and borrowing activities.
- Act as department liaison to the Treasury function and maintain a solid rapport.
- Assemble data to support 5300 Call Report and Financial Statement footnotes pertaining to investment and borrowing activity.
- Ensure accurate accounting and reconciliations on FASB 91 fees and costs for both consumer and mortgage loans, including dealer reserve, as well as life insurance premiums collected on consumer loan related policies (MINS/SINS).
- Responsible for the review, analysis, and reconciliation of daily corporate cash activities ensuring all general ledger postings are recorded accurately and timely.
- Ensure monthly mortgage loan sales are recorded and reconciled accurately and timely in the general ledger. Prepare and distribute monthly management reports related to loan sale & resulting gain.
- On a monthly basis, prepare adjusting entries, maintain all required documentation, and reconcile all custodial accounts in accordance with Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae established guidelines; while maintaining a “satisfactory” rating when audited by investors.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of all lease schedules to support month end entries, reconciliations, and footnote preparation in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensure all related procedures and related process flows are current and correct.
- Support both Corporate and Departmental projects that require advanced accounting experience as needed. Ensure Accounting matters are addressed adequately on corporate projects and timely status updates are reported back to Accounting team.
- Provide back-up support for various functions on the team to ensure continuity of all support services during the absence of any other member of the Accounting Department. Positions identified for back up opportunities include Accountant and Accounts Payable Specialist.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel
- 6+ years’ of experience working with US GAAP and general ledger principles is required.