Direct hire, east of Rochester location, 70K with significant bonus potential! Great benefits and on-site perks.
Develop and apply quality standards and evaluation methods for products and processes. Provide statistical information for quality improvements by determining and applying testing criteria. Coordinate and direct technical evaluations and data acquisition to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Assess the cost of products and materials that don’t meet required standards and specifications through statistical analysis.
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of products, processes, and production.
- Assure timely processing of nonconforming materials and participate in failure analysis and corrective action investigations. Present results to the Materials Review Board and/or the Corrective Action Board for review.
- Perform internal and external audits, interfacing with customers and regulatory agencies. Provide information and develop corrective action measures.
- Design inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, and conduct quality assurance tests.
- Participate on product development teams to review engineering releases and changes, manufacturing methods, planning, and process specifications as related to product quality.
- Develop sampling plans, procedures, designs, and develop forms for instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Work with the Engineering and Operations Team to develop and implement statistical process control methods.
- Apply continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principals to refine and enhance products and production processes.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize data to prepare reports and make recommendations.
- Assist in writing training materials and train personnel throughout the company on quality/safety related topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical discipline, and/or 10+ years of experience in the quality related field.
- Certified Quality Engineer through American Society for Quality highly preferred.
- Practical knowledge inspection and quality assurance techniques, procedures, equipment, and principles.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry and the legal and regulatory requirements related to field.
- Ability to use standard business software applications and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to colleagues and top management; respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to apply problem solving principles and methods such as Six Sigma DMAIC or Shainin Red X.
US citizenship/permanent residence status required. No relocation provided.