Direct hire, Henrietta, 55 - 70K
Growing company is seeking a Production Supervisor to lead, monitor, and engage in the full manufacturing cycle. Provide daily oversight of the Production Team including employee supervision, material control, assembly, testing, and packaging of product for shipment. Responsible for key performance metrics including safety, productivity, quality and delivery. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge within electronics manufacturing and strong supervisory experience.
- Provide daily leadership, supervision, and direction to all members of the Production Team; assist with daily tasks as needed, e.g. soldering, testing, shipping, receiving, etc.
- Responsible for team time management and scheduling of resources to meet customer demands; perform necessary follow-up and expediting of schedules.
- Effectively utilize the ERP system.
- Actively coordinate with the buyer/planner to ensure on time delivery.
- Ensure the Manufacturing Team is properly trained in accordance with requirements.
- Actively seek development opportunities to increase the collective knowledge, skills, and abilities of the Production Team.
- Identify and implement process improvements to create efficiencies within the department.
- Work closely with the Quality and Engineering Teams to implement training, process improvements, and corrective actions.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and orally.
- Highly proficient in electronic assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, or testing of electronic assemblies.
- J-Std-001, IPC-610 certification, or certified trainer a plus.
- Familiar with ISO-90011 quality management system.
- Familiar with ESD precautions and handling.
- Ability to utilize an ERP system, computer based time reporting system, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing principals.
Education / Experience
- Associate's degree in a technical, engineer, or relevant field required.
- 3 - 5 years’ strong experience in a supervisory role required.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in an electronics manufacturing environment required.
- Soldering experience strongly preferred.