Direct hire, westside, 60 – 70K
Our client, an international industrial equipment forge, is seeking a hands-on Production Planner for its Rochester, NY location. Their products service aerospace, military, automotive, commercial transportation, industrial equipment, and wind turbine customers. This position reports directly to the Production Control Manager. The incumbent MUST have strong ERP and MS Office experience (specifically Excel and Access).
- Schedule and release production orders to the factory based on sales orders.
- Establish procedures for creating, tracking, and reporting raw material requisitions through an ERP platform.
- Continuously analyze stock levels and work in process.
- Analyze anticipated business forecast for assigned customer due dates.
- Work with purchasing to minimize material and component shortages.
- Monitor work in process and review new orders and contracts daily.
- Liaise with customer service to resolve issues with follow-ups, expedited orders, and past dues.
- Work with team to update and maintain system lead-times.
- Manage inventory levels in downstream manufacturing cells.
- Interface with purchasing, engineering, sales and shop personnel.
- Update and maintain accurate planning information in MRP system.
- Minimum of one year of MRP experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working experience with ERP manufacturing software.
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Access.
- Understanding of inventory management systems such as Forecasts, JIT, Min/Max, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, and APICS, CPIM, or CIRM certification.
- Familiarity with steel, titanium, nickel, and aluminum-based alloy raw materials.
This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship and is subject to ITAR.