Direct hire, West Henrietta, compensation dependent on experience
Transportation industry manufacturer and assembler seeks an experienced Production Planner. Plan and prepare production schedules for the facility, working directly with department managers for a coordinated effort.
- Develop and maintain a master production schedule that establishes sequence of operations, estimates lead times, and provides current details to assist with material and resource planning.
- Implement a company-wide standardized use of computerized planning/tracking software.
- Develop cost analyses on proposed new products that provide the company with details about the probable manufacturing steps, equipment, materials, time and labor needs.
- Serve as primary point of contact for both internal department heads and external customers for process, scheduling and planning issues.
- Interface with department heads to keep them apprised of changes or problems regarding production issues.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Quality Departments to identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing production planning required.
- MRP system experience required.
- Experience with manufacturing composites, metals, plastics, or chemicals preferred.
- Experience working within an ISO certified facility strongly preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus.