Direct hire, westside, $100 – 120K and bonus eligible
As part of the plant leadership team, plan, direct, and coordinate maintenance, project engineering, and capital improvement activities. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager, and will be responsible for approximately a $3 million capital improvement budget and an additional $1-2 million budget for miscellaneous projects. Controls engineering background and PLC experience is an absolute must.
- Initiate, evaluate, coordinate, and track the capital expenditure request process including recommendations, designs, installation, and cost management of all building and equipment expansions/improvements.
- Prepare all equipment specification paperwork, and create and monitor all machine installation/modification completion timelines.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and develop staff (19) including maintenance workers and engineers, including management of all employee issues.
- Direct the activities of all maintenance employees and installation subcontractors ensuring safety requirements are met.
- Oversee and ensure completion of the preventative maintenance process for manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure management and timely implementation of work orders.
- Ensure building and grounds are properly maintained.
- Perform necessary mechanical design projects utilizing CAD computer software.
- Interface with Divisional staff to ensure an operational, safe, and cost effective manufacturing operation.
- Develop, implement, and ensure adherence to all required OSHA guidelines and programs, including but not limited to weekly safety audits, accident reporting/investigation, emergency evacuation procedures, fire protection, proper machine guarding, and lock out tag out programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Electrical or Controls Engineering and 6+ years’ related experience.
- PLC experience (e.g. RS Logix, Allen Bradley, etc.).
- Ability to read and analyze technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication confirming to required style format; ability to effectively present information to top management and the public.
- Statistical inference knowledge and the ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, negotiation, and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.