Direct hire, West Henrietta location, 65 - 70K
Lead mechanical design engineer responsible for all-in-one, monitor, and digital signage systems based on inputs from product management. Execute projects from concept to product launch, while communicating with customers to establish product design criteria. Experience with Pro Engineer Wildfire 5 or above required.
- Produce manufacturing ready 3D CAD designs for injection molded plastic parts and sheet-metal parts using Pro-Engineer Wildfire 5.0.
- Organize work and control project execution.
- Manage new product introduction and scale up to high volume manufacturing.
- Analyze and design objectives and events.
- Create and maintain engineering documentation.
- Define and perform necessary tests and review results from display vendors, system OEMs, and cross-functional groups to ensure performance specifications are met.
- Assess and control risk. Manage issues and problem solve.
- Failure analysis; determine corrective actions, and solutions for complex mechanical systems.
- BTME required; BSME preferred.
- Pro Engineer Wildfire 5 or above.
- Six Sigma (a plus).
- Sheet metal design and fabrication, extrusions, injection molding, and industrial finishes.
- Design for environmental testing including HALT, shock, vibration, temperature and humidity.
- Design for regulatory approval with UL, CE Mark, TUV, FCC, and VCCI.
- Managing contract manufacturers and remote resources.
- Project engineering, specifically in regard to developing project plans.
- LeanPD phase/gate development process.
- Basic computer components such as hard drives, flash memory, DVD drives, tuners, wireless cards, RAM, and processors.
- Hardware verification and test procedures.
- Thermal testing processes and design for thermal compliance.
- Detailed mechanical designs for electronic products in PTC Pro/E Wildfire 5.0 and including advanced surfacing and sheet metal design.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in a global environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to China and Europe.