Direct hire, east of Rochester, 60 – 65K
Great opportunity in the aerospace industry. Review product specifications to ensure clarity, completeness, form, fit, function, and conformity to specified standards and procedures. Must have problem solving experience within engineer and quality teams with diverse technical backgrounds. Will serve as a mentor/coach to technicians.
- Support materials issues through knowledge and ability to provide support to other engineering disciplines.
- Write comprehensive, detailed, and accurate reports that include preparation and delivery in MS Office applications on failure analysis performed on failed and worn aerospace components.
- Prepare and evaluate metallurgical samples from various manufacturing processes.
- Assure material and processes comply with drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Identify design errors, oversights, and other deficiencies, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Interpret and validate test results for accuracy and precision.
- Bachelor’s in materials science, metallurgical engineering, or a related discipline with process engineering knowledge (master’s degree preferred).
- 2 – 3 years’ similar experience and demonstrated experience in non-ferrous metallurgy including nickel and cobalt base, titanium, aluminum, and other corrosion and oxidation resistant super alloys.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes such as braze, heat treat, welding, and EDM.
- Exposure or experience utilizing a metallographic microscope for taking digital images.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
US Citizenship or permanent resident status required; no relocation provided