Direct, west side, 65 – 75K
Packaging manufacturer is seeking a hands on manufacturing engineer to advance product and process technology. Using analytics and formal problem solving, implement continuous improvement programs and lead change management activities. The ideal candidate will have experience with Root Cause Analysis and Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques. Must be experienced with the confidence to lead and direct younger engineers' work.
- Develop, manage, and execute projects to improve equipment performance.
- Manage equipment evaluations, and perform mechanical and automated system testing when necessary.
- Advise on and coordinate business process improvements.
- Assist in quality and compliance audits and develop standardized procedural documentation including diagrams.
- Apply statistical methods, problem-solving techniques, and engineering process knowledge to obtain manufacturing goals (quality, cost, and safety).
- Review design changes ensuring they meet manufacturing objectives.
- Prepare clear, concise, and accurate project documentation.
- Represent Manufacturing on cross functional teams; request resources and direct special project task work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5-10 years’ experience (ideally in automation) preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
- Experience working on cross functional teams.