Direct hire, Chili, 65 – 85K depending on experience
Custom flexible packaging manufacturer is seeking a manufacturing engineer to monitor and measure process and product performance. The incumbent will ensure the production quality of products by establishing and implementing recommendations for process improvements. The ability to work and communicate with all organizational levels and the willingness to travel and work flexible hours to accommodate training and attendance at trials/production is a must.
- Organize and lead process and product quality performance and the implementation of improvements.
- Statistically analyze processes and products to identify opportunities for improvements, and measure performance to ensure continual improvement.
- Gather information to establish process conditions for new and developing products and processes, and communicate findings to associated departments.
- Communicate and ensure understanding of manufacturing specifications.
- Utilize analyzed production and test data to establish consistent production results and to recommend design changes to resolve problems.
- Travel to headquarters for training as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 2+ year's related post-graduate work experience; packaging converting experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously in a team environment.
- Testing and statistics knowledge, including the ability to apply and interpret statistics.
- Project management experience.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals and then present information and respond to questions.
- Food safety training to complete upon hire.
Open to relocation assistance. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.