Direct hire, west of Rochester, 65 - 70K
Food manufacturing company is seeking a Maintenance supervisor to manage the daily activities and staff of the Maintenance Department. Develop, schedule, and plan for building and grounds maintenance to maintain safe working conditions; promote zero accidents and an overall safety awareness culture. Strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills are required for this team environment.
- Maintain production machinery and equipment through the development and control of a preventative maintenance program; optimize the program through the use of the computerized maintenance management system (EAM).
- Work closely with production in managing timely equipment repair and maintenance.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, procedures, safety standards, facility rules and regulations, and safety compliance.
- Ensure all equipment and systems are operated within applicable Federal, State and local laws
- Investigate all work related injuries and illnesses with the Operations Manager, Health & Safety Administrator, and HR Manager, and prepare and submit an investigation report for those involving the Maintenance Department.
- Prepare, track, and control the facility’s repair and maintenance budget.
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of the Maintenance Department staff; establish work schedules to support production activities providing for timely repair and maintenance of facility buildings, grounds and equipment to established safety and health standards.
- Inspect work to ensure standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
- Oversee the capital budget process to improve production efficiency, safety, and/or cost reduction.
- Responsible for electrical and mechanical equipment layout and the modification of facilities within the building and grounds.
- 2 to 3 years’ supervisory experience, and previous experience in a technical maintenance field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong leadership and teamwork based management skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Knowledge of 5S and parts inventory and work order systems.
- Flexibility to support weekend and off-shift needs.