Direct hire, downtown, 75K+ depending on experience
Small, family-owned manufacturing company is seeing a Hydraulics Project Engineer to join their team. Design fluid power systems (hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication) for industrial applications in a variety of industries. Perform and assist from initial quote through design, build, test, and installation. Manage multiple project in a fast-paced and customer service oriented environment. Must have strong mechanical aptitude and familiarity with electrical components and control systems.
- Analyze system requirements and prepare or review written specifications, including control and performance descriptions.
- Conduct engineering analysis and calculations using fluid power and mechanical theory to ensure products and systems will perform as required.
- Initial system design, component sizing, selection, and costing.
- Estimate engineering resources and time required including fabrication, assemble, and testing labor.
- Develop circuit designs, detailed fluid power schematics, and layout drawings.
- Create and/or update and manage 2D and 3D CAD layout drawings and solid-models.
- Develop test and validation procedures and data acquisition requirements for systems as needed.
- Provide circuit drawings or schematics with product information, as well as technical support on fluid power components and systems to customers, product specialists, and sales people.
- Work with suppliers to obtain technical information and communicate to customers, specialists, and sales.
- Assist in reviewing new products for potential sales growth and automation integration.
- BSME with emphasis on fluid power or related 4-year degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Proficiency in 2D and/or 3D CAD (Solidworks /AutoCAD).
- Strong project management skills; experience with project management software (e.g. MS Visio).
- Thorough knowledge of Open Loop and Closed Loop hydraulic systems; proportional valves, servo valves, and PID Loops; and custom hydraulic manifold design, cartridge valves, and slip-in valves.
- Understanding of modern industrial control including PLC, VFDs, motion control, networking, FEA and system modeling.
- Ability to investigate and extract necessary information from clients and salespeople required to properly analyze and recommend solutions to industrial fluid power applications.
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) proficiency.