Direct hire, Pittsford, 50 – 70K depending on experience
Travel to company owned residential properties throughout Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, and Oswego to provide facility oversight. This position is part facilities management and part project management, due to the different renovations and construction needs of their properties. Report directly to the owners with a dotted line to the Director of Facilities.
Analytical / engineering mindset for analyzing repairs, what needs to be done technically, and a proposal for how they can be best accomplished is key. This position is ideal for someone junior in their career looking for hands-on learning and development.
- Provide oversight of facilities across Western, NY, including management of Maintenance Technicians and Mechanics.
- Oversee contractors while fixing-up properties.
- Handle RFPs with contractors for new jobs, which includes vetting them and their references.
- Negotiate with contractors on bids and RFPs.
- Give recommendations for jobs and repairs, and analyze quotes for jobs.
- Associate’s degree in engineering field.
- Hands-on, analytical mindset.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel around Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Oswego areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, construction, or mechanical engineering.
- 2-3 years’ experience in multi-family real estate.