Direct hire, downtown, 95 – 100K
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Manufacturing and Operations, act as a hands-on, technical leader by directing the engineering team (of five) to support production and strategic initiatives. Lead continuous improvement efforts and implement quality activities focused on productivity and capacity. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in their career, and is looking to take the next step up into management. This position requires the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels, as you will work with everyone from assemblers to skilled tradesmen to executives. Must have some experience in implementing automation initiatives, with a willingness to be actively involved on the Safety Committee
- Identify opportunities for automation and lead implementation and application where feasible.
- Maintain strong understanding of products, components, and processes used in the manufacture of finished products.
- Identify and lead the development and implementation of new technology designed to increase productivity, improve quality, and process variability.
- Keep projects on-time and on budget, by identifying roadblocks and working with team members and other departments to find solutions.
- Develop goals for the engineering team in line with the company’s strategic plan initiatives and to support existing and future sales.
- Drive capital projects to support production improvements and initiatives.
- Provide hands-on engineering support to determine root cause and implement corrective actions on internal and customer related manufacturing problems through a documented change control process.
- Ensure projects are documented within the quality system and communicated effectively to involved teams.
- Direct the designs and layouts of equipment and work stations for maximum efficiency and optimum workflow in accordance with acceptable safety guidelines.
- Proactively work with Finance Department for project budgeting and purchasing justifications.
- Develop drawings and documentation to support new processes and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field (Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience managing a technical team at the department level.
- 5+ years’ experience in a build to order manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years direct experience with PLC based automation systems.
- Direct involvement or responsibility for the implementation of automation systems.
- Strong mechanical background.
Required Skills/Knowledge Proficiencies
- Automation, assembly, fabrication, and CNC Machining
- Welding process (TIG, resistance welding)
- MS Word and Excel; Solidworks
- PLC based systems and designs
- Drawing specifications such as GD&T
- QA principles, inspection equipment, and ISO9001