Direct hire, location just east of Rochester, 65 – 70K
Small metals machining company seeking an experienced CNC Supervisor to work closely with Engineering and Quality Teams to meet productivity and quality objectives. Coordinate, lead, and supervise employees and activities in the CNC production area. Previous supervisory experience (preferably running a CNC Department) required.
- Manage daily shift assignments and oversee manufacturing activities required to meet production and project schedules.
- Communicate with Programming and Engineering Teams, providing input on resolving issues and improving processes.
- Determine fixturing needs, assist in fixturing design, and machine set-ups, and establish tooling needs and inventory.
- Provide employee training and development, assist in cross-training to prioritize and ensure production requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to technicians and operations. Resolve issues on the production floor
- Monitor shift output for efficiency, productivity, quality, and possible cost reduction opportunities.
- Act as liaison between Manufacturing and Engineering Teams to ensure compliance to customer and internal requirements.
- Track orders and monitor data input and compliance from team through ERP system.
- Responsible for employee time management and scheduling of resources to meet customer demands.
- 5 year’s minimum supervisory experience in a CNC production environment
- 5 year’s minimum machining and tooling experience, including understanding of dimensional inspection methods.
- Demonstrated ability to manage production schedules and projects to completion.
- Proficiency with measurement equipment, machine fixturing methods, and complex drawing packages with associated GD&T.
- Ability to work and inspect to precision tolerances to .0001”.
- Experience with CNC programming using Mastercam and MS Office programs.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a similar technical field.
- Journeyman or completion of apprenticeship program with experience on Haas machining centers and controls.
- Experience with 4 & 5-axis machining, CMM, and other quality assurance methods and equipment.
- Experience with aerospace specifications, ITAR, and ISO 9001 conformance.