Direct hire, east of Rochester location, 65 – 75K
Lead the development of automation aspects from initiation to implementation in regard to efficiency, reliability, and capacity expansion projects throughout the facility. Ensure machines and processes are working efficiently through the application of engineering principals and advanced process controls tools.
- Serve as a key contributor to the strategic planning, evaluation, organization, and implementation of automation related projects and initiatives.
- Develop new process control/automation systems, and revise/maintain existing systems; managing and guiding contractors, consultants, and suppliers.
- Identify new opportunities and solutions that bring return on investment to the firm; required to perform and present business justifications to solicit funding and resource.
- Provide input into planning and scheduling of projects; interact with plant managers and supervisors to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement controls projects; work closely with production and engineering managers to coordinate changes in the production process and resolve equipment malfunctions.
- Establish a reliable and stable vendor/consultant base to ensure the impacts of machine or process interruptions are prevented or minimized; manage annual support/service agreements as they relate to programs, software, and controls. Implement required technical updates.
- Develop and maintain PLC/HMI systems for the machinery, utilities (inclusive of two 1.6MW Wind Turbine Generators), and integrated building management systems.
- Provide technical support and enhancement of automation related systems such as; Robotics, PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s, Instrumentation, Data Collection Systems, and Plant Electrical Distribution Systems.
- Assist maintenance team with difficult troubleshooting issues; identify and resolve special cause variation in the process; analyze operating problems, develop solutions, and lead the implementation of corrective actions; collect, interpret, and extrapolate data from the production process to monitor current equipment performance against established baselines and applies appropriate correction actions.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions. Maintain all relevant records including full documentation of all projects and systems consistent with ETOP standards. Prepare and maintain data sheets, wiring and process & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and flow charts required for the proper and efficient operation of plant equipment; provide training for operators and maintenance personnel.
- Assure good housekeeping and 5S principles during project and maintenance initiatives while enforcing plant rules and safety regulations; continuously evaluate workplace for safety concerns and ensure behavioral safety initiatives are performed to goal levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology, or Automation Engineering is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ direct experience in manufacturing environment conducting support and installation.
- SCADA, Rockwell RS Logix, AMSC
- Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Other Legacy PLCs
- Servo Drives and Motors
- SQL Databases
- Ethernet and Fiber Optic Communication Systems
- Solenoid and Pneumatic Controls
- Instrumentation and Process Monitoring: Mass Flow Meters, RTD/Thermocouples, Counters, Pressure Sensors, Load Cells
- Plant Power Distribution including NFPA 70E requirements