Direct hire, Fairport, 50 – 70K depending on experience
Our client is a leading document inspection equipment manufacturer with various industry customers including banking and healthcare. They are seeking an applications engineer to provide technical support by travelling to customer sites for set-up and training. This positions requires a minimum of 50% travel.
- Identify and analyze customer requirements for new system applications.
- Configure systems and describe their operation.
- Install and service vision systems at customer locations.
- Deliver troubleshooting and repair support, both on-site and via telephone.
- Train operators, administrators, and service personnel in the use, adjustment, and repair of vision systems.
- Create and maintain service documentation.
- Associate’s in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems and hardware required.
- Field service and/or engineering experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Must be flexible to travel on short notice; travel 50 – 70% mostly within the northeastern US.