Henrietta, Direct Placement, $36-42K
- Prepare sales and use tax filings as well as general tax filings on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for the United States and Canada.
- Initiate payments by submitting voucher to accounts payable or through the tax authority’s web portal.
- Provide sales tax research and guidance for other areas.
- Keep abreast of current developments in the sales and use tax arena.
- Assist sales and use and general tax authorities with periodic audits.
- Responsible for researching and filing abandoned property according to state regulations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for assigned general ledger responsibilities.
- Analyze and reconcile assigned balance sheet for the holding companies and subsidiaries.
- Prepare and distribute financial reports as they relate to assigned responsibilities.
- Assist internal and external customers with problem resolution.
- Assist with annual financial audit of the holding companies and subsidiaries.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining financial controls and procedures.
- Maintain accurate, organized, and timely electronic and paper files.
- Maintain confidentially of data.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Finance or in an accounting related field and two years of finance or general accounting experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to utilize multiple software applications and systems including JD Edwards or other Oracle software.