Senior Financial Analyst
Our client is in search of a dynamic professional to join their hands on operational accounting team. This position will help create and streamline processes in all aspects of the corporate and operational accounting duties. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast –paced environment. Being groomed for the Plant Controller position, this position will participate in the following responsibilities:
- Monthly, quarterly, annual financial close and reporting processes including monthly reporting package.
- Financial planning process for annual operating plan and forecast submissions, system management and reporting to senior management.
- Maintain operations forecasting model for division revenue, COGS and overhead costs analysis.
- Prepare and enter journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations in support of monthly close process.
- Act as a resource for functional areas and mgmt. as related to financial matters and business processes. Prepare ad hoc analysis and reports as necessary.
- Drive improvement in the monthly closing process so as to reduce time required and increase quality of the financial information.
- Support annual audit and tax package as well as complete required AMT and government surveys, compute
- Special projects as applicable
- Supports all areas of the finance function in completing their duties and development/training efforts. May directly supervise some of the finance function employees.
Education and Required Experience
- Bachelors in accounting or finance plus 5-7 years progressive work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Accounting, reporting and planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPA and/or MBA preferred