Senior Financial Analyst
AP Professionals has partnered with a dynamic organization, looking to add talented professionals to their team. This group is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst, based in Rochester, NY. The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Rochester operations team providing financial leadership and support to multiple product lines and shared manufacturing support functions. This position will offer the opportunity to develop and utilize cost accounting competencies and concepts.
- Month-end close responsibilities (journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate submissions), expense management, forecast support for cost centers, and ad hoc analysis
- Accountable for US inventory reporting, analysis and associated reconciliations. Serve as subject matter expert for related inventory issues and explaining business drivers for variances to plan.
- Reporting of actual results and analysis vs. forecast
- Develop enhanced variance reporting and work with business partners to derive root cause of variances
- Partner with business leaders for forecast updates and annual planning process
- Management of financial process improvements as well as ensuring audit compliance requirements related to inventory controls
- Partner with senior management across various functional areas including facilities and plant management
- Assist in consolidation and preparation of monthly reporting package for Rochester Operations
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably within the area of Accounting or Finance.
- An MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting or finance experience is required.
- A CPA, CMA, or other financial certification is preferred.
- Candidate must possess intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions). Experience with SAP is preferred.
- This role requires an understanding of US GAAP and cost accounting principles.
- The candidate must possess the ability to partner with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and influencing skills are required.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and leadership skills.
- The ability to work well in a dynamic environment, think creatively and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required.