AP has partnered with a top ten private company in Rochester. With an impeccable reputation, this company is experiencing rapid growth and success. As a result, they are searching for “high potential rising stars” to join their organization. This is an ideal position to transition outside of public accounting.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day to day accounting and reporting of the divisional activity, including but not limited to: financial statement reporting, consolidation, and analysis thereof. Reporting directly to the Divisional Controller, this position requires exceptional financial acumen, analysis, organizational and process improvement skills.
- Financial Statement external reporting
- Participation in financial closing and consolidation including intercompany reconciliation and elimination processes
- Preparation of financial reports for various internal customers
- Monthly close responsibilities including journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis
- Support Corporate management: assist with budget preparation, monthly P&L flux analysis, management reporting, ad hoc analysis and reporting
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent customer service skills in servicing both internal and external customers
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Fixed asset allocations
- State and property tax analysis
- Mergers and acquisition support
- Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred.
- 5+ experience ideal, blend of public accounting and industry preferred
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- High standards for accuracy, organization and flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team in hands on development capacity