Direct hire, optics industry, Henrietta location, 75 - 90K depending on experience.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the hi-volume production activities including scheduling production, inventory management, and production employee supervision. The qualified candidate will provide leadership, supervision, planning and coordination to ensure the company meets customer quality, service and price requirements.
- Direct and coordinate of all production activities.
- Assist in developing and coordinating production schedules.
- Develop working knowledge of fabrication processes.
- Proactively plan capacity requirements and expansion with facilities organization to support customer demand.
- Support the development of all required product and process production specifications.
- Create Bill of Manufacturing and travelers for all volume production activities.
- Work to ensure compliance and maintain ISO 9001 certification program.
- Report job status and results.
- Demonstrate good communication skills, and assist in improving production documentation.
- Manages shipping and receiving functions.
- Planning and raw material purchasing including inventory control.
- Develop a standard costing system, materials, WIP, and finished goods inventory systems in coordination with finance department.
- Evaluation of need, selection and hiring of manufacturing personnel.
- Maintenance and reporting of the time collection system for hourly employees.
- Vendor selection and evaluation for production related materials
- Work with vendors to expedite deliveries.
- Interfacing with vendors for scheduling and costing.
- Implement and maintaining MRP system.
- Program management and “special job” management as assigned by the President.
- Creation of process related documentation (work instruction, process sheets) and provide direction for implementation of work instructions and process sheets.
- Work with Engineering and technical staff to implement released production processes and procedures.
- Work with Inspection and Quality Departments to maintain high product quality standards.
- Work with Quality Department to implement relevant KPIs to support quality manufacturing and on-time delivery.
Skills / Abilities
- Reliable, detail-oriented, team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and develop with the company.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor Degree.
- Five years or more experience in a high-tech, volume production environment.
- Experience with MRP systems, scheduling, document control and material flow required.
- ISO9001 or other Quality Control systems experience useful.
- Experience in an engineering environment and/or with optics fabrication a plus.
- Experience with project management tools a plus.