Direct hire, south of Rochester location
Directs manufacturing operations for all brands produced in assigned plants. Builds and develops operations organization, processes, and procedures to support strategic direction. Establishes operations initiatives for improvement in safety, quality, cost, delivery, and employee relations.
- Establish operations standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Establish manufacturing policies in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, materials usage, shipping and receiving, capacity planning, production scheduling, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations and performance measures.
- Direct implementation and execution of manufacturing policies and practices throughout the organization.
- Recommend and implement strategic changes in manufacturing and operations strategy worldwide.
- Build, develop, and manage operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving employee relations.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Provide leadership through a 6-12 month planning cycle.
- Oversee operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Supervisory responsibilities: manage Focused Factory Managers in assigned factories.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Manufacturing systems development and deployment.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Technical skills in Lean Manufacturing techniques, Kaizen, Process Improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling.
- Employee training and development.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance teams and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
- MBA preferred
- Plant management within a union environment.
- Change management.
- Organizational development.
- Computer proficiency.