AP Professionals Published: September 21, 2017
Direct hire, west of Rochester location, 50 - 60K salary depending on experience
- Design project plans, manage project execution, and safely meet time and resource budgets. Two years project management and food industry experience required.
- Define and manage the scope including capital requirements, assuring delivery of assigned projects are on time, within budget and to the agreed functionality.
- Accountable for safe solutions that obtain optimal technical, economic, and environmental benefits for the company.
- Actively involved in the technical execution of projects and work to ensure project benchmarks are met.
- Build effective working relationships with other departments in the company and other parties as appropriate.
- Support good, open communication with project participants, promoting a culture of involvement and participation within company values.
- Projects may include commissioning and start-up of new machinery and systems, materials, process optimization, cycle time reduction, and scrap reduction.
- Assist manufacturing with solutions to complex food processing issues, production system design, and documentation of SOPs.
- Perform process analysis such as line time study, mass balance, etc. to contribute to the continuous process improvement.
- Implement and foster capability analysis such as the six sigma approach for new processes and production lines.
- Knowledge of food processing and demonstrated strengths in mechanically oriented manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of automated assemble and related technologies, knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or TPS.
- Ability to build positive cross-functional and intra-plant relationships with both internal and external peers and stakeholders.
- Proficient in Auto-Cad. Ability to learn quickly and keep pace with scientific/engineering developments.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering; concentration in industrial, mechanical, food processing, or chemical engineering degree.
- Two years minimum project management experience.