Direct hire, location south east of Rochester, 70 - 75K
Serve as a technical leader on the production floor and throughout the facility. Support production escalation due to non-conformance issues with the assistance of maintenance personnel. Must be able to suggest, test, and qualify re-designing of equipment and process for improvement and in response to quality escalations. The ability to design and update facility drawings in AutoDesk Suite is required in addition to owning the change control of the master CAD drawings. Responsible to conduct capital projects and therefore must be able to manage contractors, OEM technician, maintenance staff, etc. Must embody a positive outlook on improvement with the ability to develop a future strategy to support equipment performance.
- Lead equipment design, material construction, and process changes as a result of quality investigations, efficiency focused improvement projects, etc. This is inclusive of material specification, CAD design, and vendor selection. Management of change program must be upheld and sustained through each project life cycle.
- Serve as a high level escalation resource for both equipment and process non-conformances, driving investigation, troubleshooting, and solution implementation.
- Lead quality non-conformance investigations in relation to equipment performance collaborating with maintenance, production and quality personnel. Outcome of NCRs should contain engineering control implementation and/or robust process development to ensure prevention.
- Lead the execution of focused improvement projects as they are identified through equipment performance trends (OEE) and organizational strategic direction.
- Own the management and update of CAD facility drawings including equipment layouts, EHS maps, P&IDs, etc.
- Provide technical leadership and support to production personnel and maintenance staff in technical training, troubleshooting and root cause analysis. Serve as the technical resource for high level technicians.
- Identify and execute capital projects for equipment rebuilds and upgrades managing predetermined budgets, schedule, safety requirements, GMP expectations and contractor personnel.
- Serve as a critical escalation resource and responder during line down situations ensuring proper investigation processes are being followed and validation that the equipment is returned to intended design and function.
- Strong leadership skills required as this role must be relied on and trusted as a technical expert within the manufacturing organization.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and mechanical trouble shooting skills required.
- Knowledge of packaging equipment and manufacturing processes is preferred.
- Ability to effectively drive change in a fast paced environment through collaborative efforts.
- Capable of forward looking strategy to continuously improve equipment performance.
- Capital project administration and management skills.
- Ability to coach and lead others to achieve results, following all safety, quality, and productivity policies and procedures.
- Ability to function independently and take ownership of improvement processes.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent related experience.
- 3 - 5 year's experience in manufacturing support roles.
- AutoDesk Suite and MS Office Suite.