Direct-hire, $70 -85K
Responsible for designing products, accessories, manufacturing equipment and process. This position will also have responsibility to understand systems in manufacturing that have controls and can troubleshoot and improve their performance.
- Design, install and validate any automated equipment to improve quality of output, speed up processing time and reduce direct labor costs
- Lead project work to the degree necessary to assure success using Gantt chart, Pert Charts and HOQ Design for manufacturing
- Design product modifications for improved manufacturing performance or customer need
- Develops, manages, and executes projects to improve the performance of equipment
- Create drawings for piece parts, assemblies and functional equipment to adequately document designs for manufacturing
- Qualify design adequacy by similarity, analysis, planned tests or a combination
- Measure and track performance of key processes. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Identify and implement process improvements and drive issue resolution/risk mitigation activities
- Lead and/or coordinate equipment evaluations and troubleshoot where necessary. Troubleshooting may require both mechanical and automated system evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience preferred
- Experience with Machine PLC control system design and programming
- Experience in automation preferred
- CAD system experience -Pro E preferred