AP Professionals Published: April 12, 2017 (13 days ago)
Permanent opportunity, pay depending on experience
Provide controls software engineering and leadership to the project team that is delivering “turn-key” custom automation equipment.
- Meet with customer and project manager to understand requirements of customer needs
- Provide input to the controls hardware designer as required to ensure an appropriate hardware design.
- Develop the system software architecture.
- Write the control system software – this can be based on either PLC or PC hardware.
- Develop Human to Machine Interface (HMI) programs and integrate with the control system.
- Responsible for integrating peripheral hardware and software, such as but not limited to, servo motors, Vision, Robots, leak test systems, LVDT’s, data collection systems. These peripheral systems may require knowledge and experience in network communications and protocols.
- Debug the system hardware and software.
- BS Degree with 5 + years of work experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to write control programs (PLC or PC), develop HMI programs, and have custom system engineering/troubleshooting experience.
- Prefer knowledge of Rslogix5000, PL7Pro, Siemens Step 7, Microsoft Office, networks, vision, servos and robots.
- Ability to work in decimal, octal hexadecimal, and binary numbering systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Chinese is a plus.