Permanent, location south of Rochester, 60K + depending on experience
Lead the integration of new and/or transferred product into operations. Responsible to develop, validate, and implement manufacturing processes. Performs machine qualification on new equipment. Understands equipment specifications and capabilities. Coordinates and executes pilot runs.
- Owns the integration of new products into the operations environment.
- Actively participates on new product launch team.
- Develops, validates, and implements new manufacturing processes.
- Performs new equipment and/or machinery qualification.
- Understands machine specifications and capabilities and translates this information into product manufacturing best practices.
- Performs CNC programming.
- Understands tooling requirements and capabilities.
- Coordinates and executes new product pilot runs.
- Acts as liason between product development and operations to ensure balance production capability with product requirements.
- Issues engineering change requests and coordinates implementation into operations.
- Acts as liason between production site and external OEMs.
- Works cross-functionally with product development, procurement, manufacturing, and quality to ensure productivity and quality goals are met.
- Performs manufacturing process audits to ensure original productivity and quality goals are maintained.
- Examines equipment, processes, operations and assembly to determine time and quality revisions and suggests improvements.
- BS in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with the following engineering processes; process flow diagrams, PFMEA, machine qualification, gage r and r, PPAP, standard operating procedures, time studies, and statistical process control.
- Ability to execute cost / benefit analysis and/or business case for equipment and process changes.
- Proven experience managing a project.
- Knowledge of lean process improvement practices.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) across all levels and functions of an organization.
- Oracle experience a plus.
- CAD (preferably Creo) experience a plus.