AP has partnered with a top 10 private company in Rochester. With an impeccable reputation, this company is experiencing rapid growth and success; as a result is currently searching for “high potential rising stars” to join their organization.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for conducting in-depth financial analysis for a private company headquartered in Rochester, NY. Working closely with the Finance and Acquisitions team members, the Financial Analyst will complete extensive financial analysis of prospective and existing business operations; assist in acquisitions due diligence; maintain constant evaluation of products and results; and prepare and present financial reports, findings and recommendations. The position requires exceptional financial analysis, credit underwriting, research, organizational and process improvement skills. This position also calls for excellent interpersonal skills and the ability communicate and work well with internal and external clients. This position reports to the AVP of Acquisitions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Budgeting and financial statement forecasting - develop and maintain financial reports that summarize the overall financial position of the tenant portfolio.
- Scenario and sensitivity analysis - comprehensive analysis on results; including: leverage analysis, cash flow projections, and sensitivity analysis to identify trends, measure performance, assess financial strength and identify potential risks.
- Advanced financial modeling - identify and further analyze positive or negative trends which might affect company’s financial health. Compare product financials of evaluated targets companies with those of similar industries and markets.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP based financial statements - develop and maintain financial reports that summarize the overall financial position of the product portfolio. Gather and review existing tenants’ internal and audited financial statements received on a quarterly and/or annual basis.
- Successfully translate data and financial information into clear and concise verbal and visual presentations - prepare financial analysis package, including Financial Summary Dashboard and KPI report for Board of Directors and Internal Investment Committee review.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or relevant subject matter.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a financial planning and analysis role
- Exceptional financial analysis skills with an in depth ability to read, evaluate and understand internal and audited financial statements
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative analysis, data manipulation and due diligence skills
- Ability to perform economic, market and industry research
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with ability to effectively present data
- Effective decision-making skills and an ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Work well independently and in a team. Self-starter, but not hesitant to ask for direction as needed