AP Professionals has teamed up with a fast paced, high energy company seeking a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst is a new position due to the continued growth of the organization. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst will contribute their knowledge in support of the organization’s operational and strategic objectives.
Responsibilities include general accounting functions, financial analysis and reporting, budget development and oversight of payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payables, and risk management and insurance. The Financial Analyst is also responsible for providing support for ensuring compliance with accounting principles and laws/regulations, the appropriate stewardship of and accounting for the resources and the provision of outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work with the Director of Finance on the financial accounting and reporting and ensure appropriate account reconciliations are performed, documented, and reviewed
- Assist with the monthly closing and financial reporting processes
- Establish and maintain financial controls
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual regional office budgets from information contributed by directors and senior leadership; monitor the budgets against actual expenditures and assist with corrective actions and planning as needed
- Ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of reports required by various regulatory and credit agencies
- Prepare various financial analyses to support both operational and strategic initiatives and objectives
- Act as a back up to the Payroll Administrator – duties include processing, analysis, and execution of payroll through to the creation of the payroll entry for recognition and recording in the general ledger for each pay period
- Provide back-up and support on insurance and risk management matters and requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required and a CPA/MBA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ progressive general and financial accounting and analysis experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, payroll software, and tax reporting expertise required