AP Professionals has partnered with a local healthcare conglomerate, searching for rising star tax professionals to join their team. This position has a clear path to promotion opportunities within the group. Our client has a successful culture and fantastic benefits.
Under the direction of the Manager of Tax Compliance, the Corporate Tax Analyst supports the enterprise-wide corporate tax function in all aspects of federal and state tax compliance, planning, research, tax accounting and forecasting, audits and strategic projects. The Corporate Tax Analyst provides tax analytical support and research while keeping up to date on new regulations and industry trends in support of the company’s corporate tax strategy and works collaboratively with all levels of finance and company leadership.
- Assist with the preparation of income tax returns, including coordinating with external tax consultants on the consolidated federal tax filing, creation of supporting work papers, and various other tax compliance filing requirements
- Coordination of annual Form 990 preparation, review and submission process
- Preparation of federal/state estimated tax payments and extension payments for all entities
- Internal coordination of state or federal income tax audits, including compilation of any information/documentation as requested by the auditing agency
- Coordinate monthly sales & use tax analysis and assist in return filing
- Research and prepare responses to federal and state income/franchise tax notices
- Assist with timely resolution of other tax controversy matters and managing small-scale inquiries and audits, as appropriate
- Preparation, review and documentation of monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provision calculations in accordance with ASC 740 and Statutory Accounting Principles, including account reconciliations, tax basis balance sheet support and the execution of internal controls
- Maintenance and documentation of department controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Collaborate with Finance on financial budgets, tax forecasts and deferred tax analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Masters of Taxation required; CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred); in lieu of public accounting experience, a minimum of five years of diverse tax experience at a large corporation, or combination of both.
- Strong technical tax/accounting research skills; knowledge of tax and accounting research databases a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and advanced spreadsheet skills.