Temp - (possible) hire, West Henrietta, 20 - 22/hour
2 openings newly created due to growth! Will be responsible for all aspects of daily order management. Purchase commodity products, chemicals, equipment supplies, and components required for manufacturing. Support the Category Management team in resolving pricing and product issues, and manufacturing operations to meet the needs of production schedules. Exercise considerable judgment in determining objectives, prioritizing workload, and committing financial resources in complex situations.
- Key owner of the supplier relationship; maintain positive vendor relationships, plan and negotiate supplier agreements, and assist in sourcing new vendors.
- Resolve daily tactical supply chain issues such as backorder resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, and supplier production issues.
- Assist in setting vendor costs based on appropriate MOQs; ensure proper setup of SAP master data.
- Work SAP signals in a timely manner including purchase requisitions and EDI fall out alerts.
- Provide vendor input to keep master data current, including discontinuations, vendor part number, pricing, and purchase minimums.
- Expedite, cancel/defer, and ensure system generated and manual purchase orders are aligned to support customer and manufacturing schedule need dates.
- Daily review of stock-outs; accountable for timely resolution of supply chain issues. Works aging sales orders to determine resolution plan.
- Evaluate suppliers based on capability, performance, and delivery. Assist in supplier planning sessions in support of company goals and objectives.
- Work with suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery dates, and lead time.
- Represents Supply Chain in supplier negotiations. Collaborate with the appropriate functional teams to assist in the resolution of issues such as: damage claims, rejections, losses, returns, over shipments, cancellations, and discontinuations.
- May travel, as needed, to visit vendors; or conduct in-house meetings to discuss business improvements.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to resolve discrepancies between SAP purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Work with peers to manage supply chain standard operating procedures and create new documents when needed.
- Contribute innovative ideas for process improvement; may lead implementation projects.
- BS degree in Logistics, Business, or Mathematics or equivalent experience required; MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years working in a procurement capacity required.
- APICS/CPIM certification preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Formal problem solving training highly desirable, i.e. Six Sigma
Skills / Abilities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite. Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets.
- Strong negotiation and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.