AP is searching for a dynamic CPA, ready to join a privately held company headquartered in Rochester, NY. This is an opportunity to join a team with an impeccable reputation which can provide a career path for continued learning, professional contribution and development. Considered a top ten company in Rochester, this is an ideal position for a CPA professional looking to transition out of public accounting into industry.
Working under the direction of the Controller, this role will assist with the timely and accurate production and analysis of GAAP-based financial statements and reporting. This position will also assist in the budgeting and forecasting processes, debt covenant compliance reporting and conducting technical accounting research.
The candidate will work independently and in collaboration with others to achieve a high level of success in monitoring the financial health of the business unit. Also calls for excellent interpersonal skills and the ability communicate with clients and work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes in accordance with GAAP.
- Provide comprehensive analysis for financial statements and be able to present findings at management level meetings
- Supervise aspects of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close and financial reporting cycles, annual external audit and quarterly review processes
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget as well as monthly forecasts
- Assist with routine debt covenant compliance reporting
- Help coordinate compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, supporting and enforcing internal controls
- Research, provide insight and draft technical position papers on proper accounting treatment for new processes, accounting standard updates and high level technical issues
- Review various monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations and journal entries, and provide guidance on discrepancies
- Provide guidance and assistance as needed to colleagues performing accounting and financial reporting preparation duties
- Help identify workflow improvements and/or efficiencies; recommend improvements as needed to ensure adequate controls, policies and procedures are in place
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Strong organizational and planning skills; Strong attention to detail; Passionate about quality and accuracy
- Deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements based upon them
- Strong aptitude for research and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and present complex information succinctly
- Solid work ethic; Professional and proactive approach to work; Self-motivated, positive, confident and committed
- Able to handle multiple priorities and changes with professional demeanor
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university required
- Certified Public Accountant
- 5+ years’ public accounting experience, with audit manager level experience preferred
- SEC reporting experience a plus