AP Professionals Published: October 12, 2017
Permanent, Victor location, 75 - 90K
- Provide technical design concepts for various customer specific automation applications by developing sound, working mechanical and controls solutions.
- Obtain and/or prepare detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for disciplines such as mechanical and controls design, software development, machine building and assembly, wire and pipe, equipment installations and acceptance testing.
- Analyze data from all compiled resources and write a clear, concise proposal using Word document templates.
- Establish timing and sequence charts of all motion-based assembly and test tasks.
- Lead kick-off meetings when projects are awarded.
- Work with Purchasing and Manufacturing Departments to develop quotes when required.
- Guide the design team during the initial start of the design phase.
- Define the scope of work thoroughly to allow the Project Team to begin work on the system.
- Attend post-project review meetings to analyze the successes and opportunities for improvement of projects in respect to profitability and technical satisfaction.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of five year's experience in the costing and quoting for designs of custom machines and/or automation equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of assembly and test automation industries with a preferred five to 10 years of automation machine design.
- Solid understanding of dynamics, statistics, pneumatic and fluid dynamics, computer machine control and robotics.
- Ability to present ideas, concepts and pricing information in a clear, concise manner suitable for technical audiences.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Understand GD&T and how to apply it to automation assembly.
- Proficiency required in AutoCAD, SolidWorks or other 2D/3D products.