AP Professionals Published: November 2, 2017
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Temp-Hire, Downtown, $17/hour
Key Job Responsibility Areas
- Payment Processing
- Post payments received on patient and client accounts to eMD’s, Medent and Millin in a timely manner.
- Reconcile industry-specific applications, i.e., eMDs, AIRS, to general ledger and resolve differences in a timely manner.
- Billing Support
- Verify third party insurance coverage
- Internal and external referral generation for HMO patients
- Evaluate encounters for completeness and ability to be billed Submit third party claims to payers for processing
- Post third party remittances and Private Pay Payments
- Resubmit denied claims as necessary
- Aggressively follow-up on collection of aged accounts receivable
- Update patient referral information in billing system
- Interact with Case Management staff on insurance problems
- Maintain Provider insurance panels and credentialing
- Compliance activities as directed
- Patient contact to resolve billing problems
- Cash Receipts
- Post cash receipts (electronic) to the general ledger in a timely manner.
- Prepare Bank Deposit
- Works with development to record donations
- Balance deposits from the Pharmacy and Clinic to the general ledger
- Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, client, employee, protected and proprietary information.
- Employees are accountable for meeting the performance standards of their departments and must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvement and quality improvement plans.
- Other specific duties as assigned.
- Associates’ degree in a relevant field plus 2 years’ experience in medical billing/coding and/or accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and meet agency driving policy requirements, including a valid NYS driver’s license and proof of required automobile insurance.
- Must have a positive attitude, good attention to detail, be willing to take initiative and exercise good judgment.
- Must be reliable, highly organized and able to prioritize and juggle a variety of activities.